1. What was the last song you listened to?
My little girl humming nothing in particular as I rocked her before nap.
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
Strawberry peanut butter M&M’s. The new flavor intrigued me but then they were definitely not what they had the potential to be. Here I was thinking chocolate dipped strawberries, I love P&B M&M’s what could be better than putting the two together. OOOH NO! Not at all what they were cracked up to be.
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
I’m with Lisa on this one. Like the song goes “Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayer.” Like the prayer that so-and-so would ask me to marry him. Thank the Lord that didn’t happen though at the time I nearly puked from crying so hard.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
The what? Just kidding but no I rarely watch. Kill joy I guess.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
Psalm 62:1-2 “My sould finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him! He alone is my Rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken!
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?
blog time. 🙂 Okay maybe those handfulls of chocolate chips I keep in the frig and sneak throughout the day when I need a pick-me-up.
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
Mashed potatoes & gravy – I’m totally into anything brown and starchy!
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
Hmm this is a hard one because I am really into books but I like reading books in a series. We’ve enjoyed the Little House on the Prairie series lately but I can’t wait until the kids are a little older and ready for C.S. Lewis’ Narnia!
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Do cobwebs count? How about craft projects? Words-I love words. I admit, I’ve have a bear collection but most are long gone now that I’m a grown up.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
“….brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things.” I prefer to wrap but these days a bag is all I can manange if I manage at all.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
In third grade I walked to school and I still remember the last day I wore a dress- EVER. Well maybe not ever. Once more on my wedding day and then the time at a choir performance when my boys were dumbfound and exclaimed, “Mom, those are funny pants! How do you keep them up?”
Wait, third grade! Some bullies teased me about my dress and started throwing rocks and chasing me. I fell and ripped my tights (yes the 80’s white tights probably even had a ruffle bum). I cried all the way home and hung up dresses forever.
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??
Hmmm, we’ve got a live one. I guess I’d have to say yes and no. Sorry I’m deceiving you little buddy it’s a shame this fly on my line isn’t the real deal but it’s so much fun out here in the river with the sun yet to peek over the horizon. I just can’t say that I’m too disappointed about my decision to try and hook you. Once I’ve hooked you I’m going to have to feel ya to get you off the hook and if you are a little guy I’ll have compassion and throw you back until you can grow but man if you are a whopper then that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. Can’t wait to pick millions of tiny bones out of my teeth come dinner.
Actually I do like fly fishing a lot. Not to big on deep sea fishing though the time I went I “felt” for the fish since I ended up providing the bait as I heaved over the side of the boat. Tough break for them. ICK
~Click the button below to visit the other entries this week and/or participate in the Random Dozen Meme over at 2nd Cup of Coffee~