Time for Random Dozen, hosted by Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee!
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? The Wizard of Oz – I really did think this one through. Now there’s Dorothy and her little dog, everyone wants to be innocent and sweet Dorothy but that’s not me. Well not the sweet part! 😉 Then of course the witch sisters. Some would argue I should pick one of them. Some, meaning my little brother who is the soft hearted lion. Then there’s Tin Man and Scarecrow and while I’m definitely full of it and a bit rusty at times I decided to go with Oz. A mean ol cuss with a loud bark who really just wants to be liked.
2. When you’re deciding what you’re going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? Underwear, they go on first. If you mean which item do I put the most thought into that would have to be jeans! I love jeans and if I’m wearing the wrong pair it can ruin a perfectly good day. Usually the “wrong jeans” are 6″ too long and that’s just a tragedy. As short as I am it’s a miracle to find good jeans that actually fit.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without? Big Foot, I mean he’se never around when you need him.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home? One. My husband was so proud. He cut it off our property to thin a stand of fir and he claims it was a BRANCH not a true tree but it looked so perfect he had to bring it “home”. Someday I’d like to have two trees. The kid tree and the “mature” tree. Can’t imagine what I’d hang on that one but I’ll come up with something. Now don’t go getting your mind in the gutter!
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn’t have to feel a heartbreak? Ooo good question. I have often thought I would but then there would be no reason for fun meme’s would there? Humor evokes emotion too.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression? Yes, right after everyone goes home. Actually up North the days are so short that I think the holiday blues are due more to lack of sunlight and a sense of feeling cooped up than anything else.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson’s music? I’m bad, I’m bad, you know it. So just beat it! Can’t you feel a brand new day?
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma? What’s that mae? I can’t hear ya, let me get my hearing aid. Oh you can’t hear me now? Let me get my teeth! Oh yes, I’m all natural! I plead the fifth.
9. Enjoy horseback riding? My favorite thing in the world! This summer I went close to three times a week. I came face to face with a huge Bull MOOSE! He looked me in the eye from about 30 feet away. I traveled to the top of a local peak and saw the WORLD! 🙂 LOVE IT! Want a virtual tour? See THIS post.
10. Shoes–practical or stylish? It’s hard to horseback ride in stilletto heels.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. Minnie a black and while MALE cat. Remember the Mickey Mouse Club? I was a girlie girl in my “younger days”. At five, Minnie Mouse was my favorite.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? You mean presents? What presents? This question cracks me up, here’s why! I wrote this short post when it snowed here in October and for weeks the frequent search terms people used to find my blog were; bah humbug, humbug, humbug blog and bah!
I’m all done shopping but am working furiously to finish a couple of Amigurumi dolls requested by my boys. A robot and a cool animal. Check back soon for picture updates.