For more about me as a writer visit: www.JessieGunderson.com
I am His pen, His mouthpiece, His daughter. Though, please do not expect perfection. I will forever be a work in progress!
Who I am and what I do is a surprisingly complicated discussion. It depends who you ask and on what day. Most days, I don’t even recognize myself.
To my boys Captain Obvious, Scarfunkle (the extremist), and Loud (or Loud Kiddington who is at the ripe ol’ age of three) I am nurse, teacher, barber, taxi, boredom patrol, Transformer’s master, Lego collector and personal gluten free chef, to name only a few.
To my youngest and only girl I am, well, I’m speechless. 🙂 She will be called PeeWee, the dancing queen and shoe collector (ALREADY and she is not even two).
Our fifth little boy is due Feb 25th, 2011!
My husband Matt writes with me. He loves my passion though sometimes it leads us in circles. I am always enthusiastic about what I’m doing. One challenge is gluten free baking. Like it or not! This endeavor is what inspired my other blog.
I am old fashioned and prefer paper and pencil so a blog where people can read all about me online weirds me out, that’s one reason I called it the Blog Schmog. But you aren’t weird. 🙂
I hope my blog will inspire you in your walk with Jesus, challenge you if you aren’t sure He is for you, and give you hope that life is not an accident. Of course there will be other nonsense as the mood hits me. Homeschooling, crafting, farm life and gardening, reading/ book reviews (from my personal library) and lots of fun.
Don’t be surprised if this blog doesn’t “fit the mold” or follow a schedule, I like to march to my own beat. Most of the time I will write twice a week. Sometimes I will be absent from “blogdom” as I play in the garden and ride my horse in the Idaho mountains. This is, after all, my anti-blog. But I so enjoy your company so please chime in!
Can you tell I’m type A? I’m justifying and “planning” to be random. Sad! 🙂
I sincerely hope you find my blog hope filled and fun!
100 random things about me!
- I’ve been to Japan twice
- I’m terrified of bees
- I like zz-top
- I play flute (haha)
- I wanted to play trombone but the teacher said my arms were too short.
- I always wanted to have 4boys
- God gave us 4boys and 1 girl
- My little girls real name is Davie. Matt and I picked her name while we were dating NOT after our first 3 boys. She has the same initials as my best friend and my mom. A promise I made to my best friend in the 6th grade.
- I love antiques
- I used to say I would live CA over my dead body
- Thankfully I’m alive after living in CA 4yrs
- I learned to drive a horse and buggy in Chino CA
- I designed and hand drew (not computer drafted) the plans to the house we now live in. 6 re-draws! Very time consuming!
- I like sunflowers and stinky daisies (weeds really)
- My husband and I met when I was on vacation- we lived 1700 mi apart.
- My husband and I courted online (yikes!)
- My first car was a “horse”- my grandpa’s Ford Pinto
- My third car was also a “horse” a Ford Mustang (I still have it). My favorite birthday present ever was when my hubby bought me an original gas cap for my Mustang.
- On that subject my Mustang “introduced” my husband and I. More on that later.
- I have lived in Alberta Canada
- I like to collect rocks (not tumbled, buy at a sovenier shop. BIG outdoorsy rocks)
- I speak some Japanese
- I understand some Spanish (my husband speaks Spanish)
- I’m most happy when I’m busy
- My love language is quality time
- I am terrible at bowling
- I hate pink
- In highschool my nickname was “Nick” (don’t ask)
- In highschool I played basketball (pretty funny for being only 4’11” I was starting point guard)
- I can play about 10 chords on the guitar (slowly)!
- I play a little piano
- I like to write songs on occasion
- I was an assistant band director for 1yr
- I can’t play violin
- I taught violin class
- I’ve never been a bridesmaid only a “matron”
- I was in a wedding in Tokyo Japan
- We fit all our possessions and two vehicles in the moving semi when we left CA
- My sis lived with us when she was 16, I only had one child of my own then.
- I did Pampered Chef before going gluten free
- My favorite item of clothing is jeans
- I have had 4 home businesses since I’ve been married and made about $4! Hehe
- I had my first son in a hospital, assisted
- I had my middle two sons in birthing centers with midwives, unassisted
- I had my daughter at home
- I was homeschooled when I was a kid
- I attended public school when I was a kid
- I attended private school when I was a kid
- I only moved once as a kid (you do the math, haha)
- I went to school to be a teacher
- I went to school for music
- I homeschool my kids AND…
- My kids are in public school (ask me if you care)
- My husband teaches public school
- As a kid I couldn’t wait to move away from “small town America”
- As a grown kid I couldn’t wait to get back to “small town America”
- I like trucks
- I think buying a dog is dumb BUT…
- I have a purebred illegitimate Coonhound
- I’ve had pet rats- two “boys” we were told -they had babies!
- I’ve had guinea pigs
- I’ve had pet snakes
- I’ve had a pet parakeet
- I’ve had a pet tarantula (really my brothers) he escaped into the wall of our house, my dad had to remove the trim and wait for him to come out.
- I’ve had a pet hedgehog (really my sisters)
- Right now I have more than 25 pets
- I sponsor a child in Guatemala
- I worked at McDonald’s (4 different stores)
- I like to run
- I hate to ride bikes (my boys love it!)
- I like motorcycles
- I am the only one in my family with a motorcycle endorsement.
- I am the only one in my family NOT to own a motorcycle of my own.
- My favorite school subject was English and Literature
- My least fav subject was History (my Hubby’s fav- History)
- If I hate a food it is probably the texture
- I can’t help but touch different fabrics and textures when I’m shopping.
- I don’t really like to shop much
- I love yard saleing
- I was going to be a vet when I grew up
- I don’t consider myself grown up- I’m 31
- My favorite color is green
- My real name is Jessie – not Jessica
- I’m named after Jessie Colter– though my dad recently discovered that her name appears to be spelled Jessi
- I’ve been a lifeguard
- I love backpacking/ camping in the boon-docks!
- I lived 11mo in a camping trailer with two/three kids. IOW, I was pregnant during that time and finished the year with an infant.
- I lived one winter with no running water that includes NO working potty, pregnant!
- I burned my eyelashes off because of a pregnancy craving.
- My favorite time of the year is Autumn
- I tried learning how to shoe my own horses (I can only do it when the ground is soft otherwise the hooves are too tough!)
- I have had stitches in my head
- I could get lost in a ROUND room
- I love to ride in the mountains alone – yeah that’s smart eh since I have no sense of direction?
- I used to compete and jump horses
- I grew up in the city (Coeur d’ Alene- small city)
- I don’t have any carpet in my house
- My favorite wedding gift (besides my wonderful husband) was Fiestaware- thanks Grandma
- I don’t jump on bandwagons- that’s why I “don’t blog”
- Most importantly I am saved by grace through faith!