SERIOUSLY why didn’t anyone tell me I spelled DOZEN wrong!? I guess if you read my answers first you’d be afraid to bring it up. ACK I’m going to leave it and say TYPO but you probably won’t believe me. 🙂 ENJOY
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee comes up most of the questions for the Random Dozen meme which is usually done Wednesdays each week. This week due to Thanksgiving she is bumping the meme up to Tuesday! Check out her blog by clicking the picture below and write your own Random Dozen post answering the following prompt questions.
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? I’m so on top of it I didn’t even realize Thanksgiving is this week I thought I had one more weekend. Since I just got my hog meat back I’m betting I’ll do a pork roast which is not normal for us.
2. Tell me something concrete that you’re thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like “hope.”) A laptop and highspeed internet. Is that vain? I know its hillbilly but we went three years without high speed internet two of which I didn’t have any internet at all. It is fun to keep in touch, research and blog!
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you’re thankful for. Oh right! Now I’m stuck. World Peace, oh wait do we have that? Ok for real I’m thankful that God is teaching me compassion.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn’t have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. Last year my boys and I made a craft where each family members face was made into a pilgrim. But… I had a picture of my grandma from her 80th with a cigar in her mouth. Naturally she got to be the Indian. It was great fun.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? SNOW
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? I’m hard nosed I guess, I rarely feed table scraps to the animals (uness its pigs) but my hubby will cave and sneak the dogs some I’m sure of it.
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? Yes we pray, usually holding hand, standing or sitting whatever suits our fancy and one of the dad’s generally thanks God for the food.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? No remember the hillbillies? We don’t have a converter box so its almost painful to watch all the fuzz on the one channel we get. Definitely no football here.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? OYSTERS!! What are Oysters Mae? Um NO NO NO!
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Well didn’t Charlie brown learn about thankfulness and serve his friends popcorn at the first Thanksgiving? Or was it Pocohontas who served popcorn? Yeah I think I know about the first Thanksgiving.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Humble pie. Pie pie, glorious pie. Unless I get cracking and make gluten free crusts we’ll be having apple cobbler or pie filling for desert.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!) What do you think? See THIS post.
Thanks again guys I’ve enjoyed participating in yet another Random Dozen, have a Happy Thanksgiving!