Tag Archives: meme
So now I:
a. post 10 interesting things about myself.
b. nominate 7 other blogs.
1. I’m always cold and sleep with socks on most of the year.
2. I’m STILL trying to learn Japanese. I can read all the hiragana and am slowly learning kanji (ask me about it in a month, I need accountability!)
3. I like to fly fish, though I’m not very good.
4. I wear dresses so RARELY that my boys had to ask what “strange pants” I was wearing for choir and “how do you hold them up Mom?”
4. My favorite personal feature is my hair.
5. I really like BIG dogs.
6. I really don’t like…hmm…that’s a hard one… I can’t think of a single pet I couldn’t enjoy. Speaking of pets. I currently have 25 chickens, 2 dogs, 4 barn cats (okay, so I don’t prefer indoor cats), 2 horses and one draft -he is in a different league ;), 1 beta fish and am about to get pigs again.
7. I HAVE had in my life guinea pigs, a hedgehog, an iguana, a tarantula, snakes, praying mantis (ha), milk goats, a duck – she hatched chicken eggs for me, that was a crack up watching her try to get those little chicks to take a swim in the kiddy pool, and I think that’s all. I’ve never had a rabbit.
8. I’m mostly Italian
9. I’ve had three of my four kids naturally, the last was at home on purpose.
10. I’m the oldest of three kids but I bet you could guess that based on my paragraph of disclaimer at the top and maybe a few small other hints! Teehee!
Don’t forget to link back here so I know where to find you.
Kaye Dacus’, self admited, “Lame Game” Join in if you like! I don’ t have 10 different shelves and some of my shelves hold books with less than 219 pages for the Thinglets so I had to improvise.
Today is 2/19/2010
So on page 219 of 10 books (chosen by pulling every 10th book from each of my ten shelves of fiction—counting from left or right, whichever I deem fitting at the moment), I’m going to randomly quote the sentence(s) that falls on the 20th line of the page.
1. Jo’s desperate wisper snapped Kate back to the moment. She scrunched herself down into the box, telling her younger sister as she did, “Hurry and hide yourself in those big leaves.” (Annie Jones, The Barefoot Believers)2. It looked all brown and black: elf-locks bristled out from beneath a white band which passed under her chin, and came half over her cheeks, or rather jaws; her eye confronted me at once, with a bold and direct gaze. (Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre) 3. “Out on te coast,” reported Wisdom as he unsteadily accompanied Perry. “Logging camp, up north of Grays Harbor. Rain! Perry, do you know it’d sometimes rain a week steady? I just did not know it could rain that much.” (Ivan Doig, English Creek) 4. “Yep.” Mike looked north. “There he is going off – but he Ain’t got the purty stud.” (William Marshall Rush, Wild Horses of Rainrock) 5. The mix of excitement and dread had driven her from the little nest she had prepared. (Thoene, Warsaw Requiem) 6. Well, it was printed, and she got three hundred dollars for it; likewise plenty of praise and blame, both so much greater than she expected that she was thrown into a state of bewilderment, from which it took her some time to recover. (Louisa M. Alcott, Little Women) 7. The Pharisees’ misunderstanding about what is required to make full atonement for sin lay at the root of their errant theology. (John MacArthur, A Tale of Two Sons) 8. How many guest rooms would there be in this four-story building? Sixty? Eighty? More? Would a day actually come when all of those rooms would be filled with guests? Morgan must think so or he wouldn’t be pouring so much money into its development. (Robin Lee Hatcher, A Vote of Confidence) 9. “My leg! Oh, God! They cut off my leg!” and Sally collapsed in a faint on top of him. (Lynn Austin, Candle in the Darkness) 10. “But sir,” Gideon replied, “if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us?” (Judges 6:13, Holy Bible, NIV) Sorry about the formatting. Something is wrong with the post and I can’t fix the italicss and the spaces between lines.
At Kaye Dacus’ blog (author of Menu for Romance, A Stand in Groom and more) she asked readers to pull out five random DVD’s from their shelves without looking! Here’s what I got.
Dan in Real Life – Funny story about this one. My husband and I and the midwife watched this while I was in labor with my littlest, Pee Wee. A little slow but heartwarming and funny. Great for having a baby. Haha, I bet you’ve never read that on a movie review before!
Antwone Fischer – I didn’t have a clue what this one was about or that we even had it until about a month ago. This is a moving story but at times quite graphic regarding the troubled past of Antwone, a Navy Petty Officer who is sent to a psychologist for his bad temper and disruptive behaviors. Definitely not for the kids but I think worth seeing.
A Knights Tale – A kick in the pants. Starring the late Heath Ledger.
Fun With Dick and Jane – Somehow I found this to be one of the funniest movies I’ve seen. Maybe it was the husband/wife banter or the series of events, that led this couple on a bank robbing escapade, that were far too close to home. But I laugh and laugh when I see this one. It’s funny in a somewhat terrifying kind of way. Does anyone know what I mean? Or am I just one step out of the loony bin myself?
The Legend of Zorro – All I’ve got to say is Antonio Banderas
The only reason this list is not Toy Story, Cars, Kung fu Panda and the like is because we have two separate CD cases one for the adults and one for the kids.
Go ahead, you know you want to join in the fun. What are your 5 random DVD’s ?
One Word Answers:
I got this meme from Camy’s Loft and thought it would make a fun post.
ONE WORD ONLY!
Camy said: “Not as easy as you might think. Now copy, forward, or post this and change the answers to yours and pass it on. It’s really hard to only use one word answers.”
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your significant other? Matt
3. Your hair? long
4. Your mother? short
5. Your father? short
6. Your favorite thing? horses
7. Your dream last night? absent
8. Your favorite drink? coffee
9. Your dream/goal? now?
10. The room you’re in? great
11. Your ex? dunno
12. Your fear? bees
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
14. Where were you last night? neighbors
15. What you’re not? patient
16. Muffins? gluten-free (ack that’s not technically 1)
17. One of your wish list items? peace
18. Where you grew up? Coeurd’Alene
19. The last thing you did? wrote
20. What are you wearing? green
21. Your TV? off
22. Your pets? 17
23. Your computer? dell
24. Your life? busy
25. Your mood? impatient
26. Missing someone? dad
27. Your car? Mustang
28. Something you’re not wearing? dress
29. Favorite store? thrift
30. Your summer? horseback
31. Like(love) someone? Hubby
32. Your favorite color? green
33. Last time you laughed? kids
34. Last time you cried? ages
35. Who will re-post this? another
Did any of my answers surprise or enlighten you?
If you post on your blog be sure to link me so I can see your answers too!
Directions: Put an asterisk next to the things you have done in your life, and then feel free to pass it on in your blog! Also feel free to add a couple at the end, if you like.
*1. Started your own blog
*2. Slept under the stars
*3. Played in a band (if singing counts- oh wait I’ve played)
4. Visited Hawaii
*5. Watched a meteor shower
*6. Given more than you can afford to charity
*7. Been to Disneyworld
*8. Climbed a mountain
*9. Held a praying mantis (we held it hostage-ha ha)
*10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
*14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
*18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
*21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
*24. Built a snow fort
*25. Held a lamb
*26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice *29. Seen a total eclipse
*30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
*32. Been on a cruise
*33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
*35. Seen an Amish community
*36. Taught yourself a new language (2 but not well)
*37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
*39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person
*41. Sung karaoke (yes, in Japan actually!)
*42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
*43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (does McD’s count?)
44. Visited Africa
*45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
*46. Been transported in an ambulance
*47. Had your portrait painted – drawn I think that counts! (me too but it was a cartoon, does it still count?)
* 48. Gone deep sea fishing (the fish and the fishermen loved me, I contributed bait if you know what I mean)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
*51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
*52. Kissed in the rain
*53. Played in the mud
*54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
*57. Started a business
*58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
*62. Gone whale watching
*63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
*67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
*69. Saved a favorite childhood toy -book! (not 1 but many!)
*70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
*71. Eaten Caviar (chewy)
*72. Pieced a quilt (does a rag quilt count?)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired/laid off from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
*78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (driven my own)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (not yet, maybe someday)
81. Visited the Vatican
*82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
*84. Had your picture in the newspaper
*85. Read the entire Bible
*86. Visited the White House (I sang in an ensemble at the White House)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
*88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (does sparing my childrens lives daily count-haha)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
*92. Joined a book club
*93. Lost a loved one
*94. Had a baby (4)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
*98. Owned a cell phone (ugh- my leash)
*99. Been stung by a bee
*100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person
*101. Learned to play an instrument
102. Kissed the Blarney Stone
103. Ridden a camel
*104. Horseback riding in the in the dark